Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cancer Day

So thanks to Facebook, I found out that today is national cancer awareness day. Which was quite fitting because Cora and I spent the day at Dayton Children's for her scheduled infusion. When we walk into the hospital, she covers her port with her hand because she knows what is coming. Aside from the initial poke and her hatred of the blood pressure cuff attached to her which  inflates every 30 minutes, she does really well. We read, watch shows, eat, color, sleep.....and five hours later we are exhausted (surprisingly) and head for home. The clinic has a program where the kids can add specific beads to a necklace every time they get chemo, have therapy, get hospitalized, have surgery, and so on. Cora loves her necklace which is getting quite full. She is so amazing! Such a funny, loving, silly girl. 


7 comments:

Greta said...

oh, I love her Kristi! I really truly do! I just love her smile and her sweet little face. And I love you b/c I know what an amazing mom you are and b/c you are just the bees' knees, tip-top, awesome all around lady!

judy said...

Awesome post. That smile brings tears to my eyes! I can't wait to see her...hugs to all of you!

Ariana said...

I love these pictures! You and Cora and your whole family are so amazing. Her necklace is so full of those beads. What a strong, sweet girl!

Becca said...

What a cute and strong little girl! Her smile brings a smile to my face. My prayers are with you!

Kent and Leisy said...

that bottom olaf picture KILLS me. what a ham.

Virginia and Shane said...

Cora you are such a beautiful girl! Kristi you are auch a fantastic mom! I love you both!

Katie Rees said...

Love her necklace! What a great idea! You are amazing!!!